HomeCommunityAnnouncements › Bulletin

CCA Bulletin 6.9.24

Principal's Corner

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Dear Parents,

Welcome to the LAST week of school! Our seniors graduated yesterday, and this week we turn our attention to our 8th graders. They have a lot to look forward to: a big trip to Victoria, a special brunch before Field Day, and their own “Moving Up” ceremony on Thursday evening at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.

This week is bitter sweet as our 8th graders prepare for high school. Like our seniors, they know the memories they are creating are special, and there will never be another time quite like this.

When my children were very small, I remember thinking, “This is such a wonderful developmental stage. I can’t imagine a new one that will be quite as special.” Then I would watch as God replaced one stage of life with another that was just as wonderful. I feel this way about our 8th graders and seniors. As we see them move through these stages, we can’t imagine memories any more special, but God has a way of working in our lives in ways we cannot foresee. Ultimately, He holds our future, and the future of our children in His mighty hands.

We love these last days of school each year and all the memories they hold. Please join us on Thursday at 8:40 a.m. for our last chapel of the school year. We will sing and praise God for all the wonderful things He has done for us! Students will spend some time with their teachers afterward and then head to our gym where we will celebrate the end of a great year at 11 a.m.

In Christ,

Sherrie Gibelyou

253-389-0349

sherrie.gibelyou@ccatacoma.org

JOY!

Our middle school Drama students did a great job with this “Scooby Doo” mystery!

Alumnus Mitch Pelissier has excellent basketball training sessions available in our own CCA gym this summer! Scan the QR code below to learn more.

CCA Important Dates + Events

General Calendar

Monday, June 10

K-8 No School – Records Day

HS Finals Week – June 10-12

Tuesday, June 11

Gr. 8 to Victoria, 5:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.

Kindergarten Fly-Up – Gym, 6:30 p.m. 

Wednesday, June 12

Grades 1-8 Field Day, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.

HS – 2026 EF Tour Meeting, Band Room,

6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Thursday, June 13

12:00 Dismissal – Last Day

Joint Chapel / End of Year Assembly

8th Grade Celebration @ Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 7:00 p.m

SPorts

SUMMER CAMPS

Monday, June 17 – Friday, June 21

Basketball Summer Camp for students entering grades 5-8

9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

Monday, June 17 – Friday, June 21