HomeCommunityAnnouncements › Bulletin

CCA Bulletin 4.14.24

Principal's Corner

And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

Dear Parents,

Our high schoolers have the opportunity to experience high adventure each spring with international travel. This year, Mr. Boyt and Mr. Winterstein took a dozen of our students to Belize for an amazing Spring Break. They had the chance to immerse themselves in the culture with wonderful guides who showed them many of the country’s sights and customs.

The most inspiring story I heard about came from one of their trips by bus. Our students were traveling with two other schools, and the bus driver was a generous, hospitable man who drove them to many of their destinations. As Mr. Boyt was chatting with him, he learned that the driver’s wife had just been diagnosed with a hole in her heart and would soon need surgery. He wasn’t sure when this would happen as the cost was great, and he did not have the money for such a need. Mr. Boyt asked if he could pray for the man, and he said, “Yes!” After praying, our people asked everyone on the bus if they would like to contribute to this cause.

They collected $600 to give to their driver that day, who was overcome by their generosity. God works in amazing ways through His people. I think our students will remember lots from this trip, but this was certainly one of their most impactful experiences.

We are so thankful to know Christ and to be able to see Him at work in all things!

In Christ, 

Sherrie Gibelyou

253-389-0349

sherrie.gibelyou@ccatacoma.org

LAST DAY TO ENROLL FOR FUN STEM CLASSES BEGINNING THIS WEEK!

Register HERE

Be sure to scroll through the list of schools to find the correct day/time at Concordia!

The Jog-A-Thon is coming!

May 8, 1:30-3 p.m.

The CCA Jog-A-Thon is back! We are thrilled to host this event on Wednesday, May 8th, from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. on our field. The Jog-A-Thon provides funds needed to support our Fine Arts programs at Concordia. These programs include art and music classes for kindergarten through 5th grades, electives for 6th through 8th grades (including art, band, marimbas, choir, and drama), and other performing arts opportunities.

Watch for more information coming soon!

CCA Important Dates + Events

General Calendar

Friday, April 19

K-8 VIP/Grandparent Day

11:30 Dismissal for K-8 ONLY

Tuesday, April 23

FT: Marimbas to Senior Center, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Wednesday, April 24

Concordia In Bloom, Sumner, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28

HS Music Tour – Lacey, WA, Portland, OR, Seaside, OR

SPorts

HIGH SCHOOL

Friday, April 19 

HS Baseball @ Quilcene, 4:00/6:00 p.m. 

Saturday, April 20

HS Baseball @ Crosspoint, 3:00/5:00 p.m.

Friday, April 26 

HS Baseball vs Sound Christian, SERA, 4:00 p.m.